Please note this is a hybrid position and requires you to work from our studio. This is not a remote opportunity.
Animal Logic - an award-winning feature animation studio - is searching for a new team member to join our Production Finance Department in Vancouver! The Assistant Production Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation and distribution of project-related reports and information within the department. The successful candidate will also be maintaining the data contained within the timesheet system and ensuring the information output is accurate and can be used by the team.
What you’ll get to do:
- Review, input, and reconciling timesheet records
- Ensure timesheet data is submitted and approved in a timely manner
- Maintain employee profiles in the timesheet system
- Use timesheet data to allocate payroll to projects
- Collect support for any payroll adjustments
- Review of Relocation and other production expenses for eligibility and accuracy
- Allocate relocation and other expenses to productions
- Assist in the preparation of production cost reports and forecasts
- Provide support to the production management team on project financial matters as required.
- Maintain monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Generate invoices for distribution to clients
- Enter cash receipts in the finance system
What you bring:
- 1+ years’ previous experience in an accounting or finance
- Facility working with large data sets accurately
- Bachelors’ degree with accounting focus
- Intermediate Excel & Database system proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior organisational skills
- Ability to work smart and calmly under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and quickly priorities duties
- Ability to work well independently, as well as part of a team
- Eligible to work in Canada
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio!
- Conveniently located in vibrant Yaletown, near the heart of downtown Vancouver
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including free gym access, breakfast, use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!