Are you a Lighting Artist interested in working with us on our next fully CG animated feature? This position uses creative and technical skills to light shots and sequences, facilitating shots through the lighting and rendering pipeline. This is a reasonably short opportunity, from early January to late April 2023.
What you’ll get to do:
- Bring shots from initial brief through to final, based on project deadlines and milestone goals
- Polish existing shot lighting and composite renders into a final shot, troubleshooting any issues
- Final compositing of assigned shots
- Communicate updates and track data per Production direction
- Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools.
- Work with the creative leads to interpret visual goals
- Work with the creative leads to communicate schedule implications of visual requirements
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience on animated features, feature films and/or TV
- 3+ years’ experience in Lighting
- Experience using Python, Maya, Katana, Nuke
- Solid knowledge of lighting and rendering workflows
- Must have a good “eye” and understanding of light, colour theory, contrast, shading, and lighting design
- Completion of degree or working equivalent
- Practical understanding of compositing, working with aov channels etc.
- A thorough understanding of the film post production process
- Attention to design and artistic detail
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent problem solving, balancing quick turnaround with long term quality and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication in English
- Ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and work under pressure
- Ability to take direction and feedback, anticipating the supervisor’s and lead’s preference
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including secured on-site parking, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!