Are you a Houdini Artist with creative problem-solving skills in order to fill sets and shots with life for an animated feature!? We are looking for Houdini Artists with crowd experience to join our Vancouver team!
What you'll get to do:
- Setup crowd assets and HDAs within the existing Houdini pipeline and test new procedures and workflows
- Create a range of efficient crowd agents (bipeds/quadrupeds and vehicles) for efficient simulation
- Work with Animation teams to identify and breakdown behaviours into cycles for artists to use
- Work closely with FX Department Supervisor and Crowd Lead to implement efficient and effective ways to fill the sets and shots with life
- Give feedback to the department TD’s to continue the development of tools and workflows associated with crowd simulation
- Build templates that are highly geared towards automation
- If required, work with the fellow artists on the show that have been assigned shot implementation to make sure the scene files are being used efficiently
- Evaluate any issues that may arise in the setup of crowd and devises efficient solutions
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ Houdini experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature with a focus in Houdini Crowds
- Past experience, demonstrated via reel, of feature animation crowd or effects simulation
- Strong understanding of Houdini crowd agent design & setup
- Production experience using Houdini: SOPs/DOPs essential
- Production experience using Houdini: Vex and Python knowledge desirable
- Experience building Houdini digital assets
- Solid understanding of motion and principles of rigging and animation
- Good understanding of the crowd shading and rendering procedurals
- Attention to design and artistic detail
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality and ability to meet deadlines with high quality output
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and work under pressure
- Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or shots moving forward; anticipating the supervisors and leads preference
What you should include in your demo reel/portfolio:
- Feature animation quality crowd or effects simulation (preferably in Houdini)
- Any digital assets and setups you've contributed to, created or developed yourself
- Building setups/rigs/templates geared towards automation would be useful
- A range of crowd work
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio.
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!