Location: Vancouver, BC
Start Date: January 2022
The Compositing/Imaging Pipeline TDs are a diverse and dynamic team that take care of the Animal Logic Imaging pipeline. They build tools and workflows for Nuke (Compositing, Lighting, Matte Painting), DI (Baselight), I/O, Client Deliveries and Colour management.
The Lead Compositing/Imaging TD is the key contact person for issues with these tools and workflows on a show. They take on a leadership role within the team and work through pipeline troubleshooting, user support, technical direction and tool development. The Lead TD works closely with the Compositing, Lighting, Matte Painting, DI and Software Development teams to implement a highly efficient approach.
What you’ll get to do:
- Actively develop, debug and maintain code for tools and automation primarily using Python
- Implement new tools and workflows according to specifications
- Assist the Compositing teams with day-to-day issues and escalating through the right channels when necessary
- Provide leadership and mentorship to develop the skills and abilities of Compositing/Imaging TDs in your team
- Understand the overall brief and goals of a project, delegating work and communicating this clearly within the team
- Participate in Imaging workflow discussions and contribute to the design, planning, estimating and implementation of new or improved Imaging workflows
- Maintain a common facility pipeline across multiple shows at the same time, participating in problem solving to support AL’s overall technical goals as required
- Create and update technical documentation for Imaging processes. Documenting new techniques and distributing updates to peers, crew and Production Management
- Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools or by leading development of new tools, ensuring that tools and procedures support the creative process
- Test and validate new releases of pipeline tools both interactive (Nuke/Proprietary Software) and automated (Farm) within these Production tool and Farm environments
- Liaise with R&D to ensure compliance with internal best practices
What you bring:
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Python development
- Experience with software development life cycle and code repositories such as git
- Extensive Pipeline TD experience in a professional CG Production environment
- Experience debugging problematic farm-jobs
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using and troubleshooting in Nuke
- Experience with Linux and Shell scripting
- The ability to code review and troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple departments and build relationships
- Proven leadership ability, with previous success in mentoring a technical team
- Experience with colour pipelines using ACES/OCIO is an asset
- Experience in other languages such as C++ is a bonus
- Experience in Baselight is a bonus
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A central location in Vancouver CBD, minutes from beaches and mountains for the ultimate outdoors lifestyle
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!