Animal Logic– the animation studio that brought you Happy Feet, Peter Rabbit, and the Lego Movies - is looking to expand its talented team of supervising TDs. A Supervising TD is responsible for the design, implementation, support, and evolution of the Animal Logic pipeline across multiple production departments. This exciting senior role, requires collaboration across a wide variety of departments, and offers a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to dive deeply into industry leading pipeline technology (USD). Supervising TD’s also work closely with a dedicated operations team to manage a global team of TDs across multiple projects. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced candidate to join our team in a senior position, contributing to the culture of the Production Technology team and the ongoing development of the Animal Logic pipeline
What you’ll get to do
Creative and Technical
- Take responsibility for, and become an expert in, a particular section of the global production pipeline. Champion its ongoing feature development and optimization.
- Develop innovative technical solutions to the challenges of producing animation on a large scale.
- Understand the creative needs of various productions, translate these into development initiatives and new features for tools, workflows, and the pipeline as a whole.
- Collaborate with RnD, and other Supervising TDs to establish and maintain high technical standards & procedures within the Production Technology team.
Strategy and Planning
- Participate in the scoping and estimation of show based development initiatives.
- Collaborate with other Supervising TDs and RnD to establish and drive longer term facility development roadmaps.
- Participate in longer term strategic planning for in-house and 3rd party tool uptake/development.
- Work closely with senior Animal Logic Technical leadership to maintain momentum toward facility goals and vision.
- Work closely with PMO team, to establish schedules and milestones for planned development.
- Maintain consistent planning and development rituals/processes within the department.
- Participate in public presentations & demonstrations of planned or implemented technology.
- Collaborate with the Operations team to develop, implement and improve operational and resource management strategies to achieve the department’s goals.
People and Team
- Work closely with Operations to supervise, mentor and develop a global team of TDs, including career development, performance management and planning for hiring and onboarding new team members.
- Work collaboratively with senior technical leadership across the whole facility including CG Supervisors, Engineering Managers, and other Supervising TDs.
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio.
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!