Are you an up-and-coming Houdini technical artist, someone that is proactive, has a good eye for detail and a passion for problem solving? We are looking for a keen junior technical assistant to help our Character FX team on our latest Animated feature. This could be your step into a career in FX, CFX and/or Crowd.
What you'll get to do:
- Work closely with our Character FX supervision team and pipeline TDs to identify and debug common issues facing production
- Troubleshoot common problems with animation deliveries, suggest workarounds and fixes
- Test and validate new releases of Houdini character FX rigs
- Assist Character FX artists with day-to-day issues and glitches and escalate those issues through the right channels when they aren't immediately addressable
- Assist with the technical workflow for the Character FX department
- Communicate and promote repeatable, pipeline-based workflows that ensure data security and efficiency throughout the whole production
- Create and update documentation that supports Character FX processes
- Establish close partnership with Animation and FX staff and other TD groups
What you bring:
- 6 months experience on an animated/VFX feature, working as a TA, is desirable
- Experience supporting others on a team in a technical manner
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience with cloth, fur and feather tools is preferable
- Experience using Linux in a production environment is preferable
- Programming experience in Python or C++ is a bonus
- Excellence in pro-active problem-solving skills
- An adaptable approach with the ability to balance your workload and the needs of artists, and production deadlines
- The ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner
- Willing to learn and contribute to the success of the team and project
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio.
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with a one day per week work from home option
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!