The Animal Logic team is searching for a Senior Rigger to join us for a brand-new Warner Bros animated feature film!
The rigging team works closely with a variety of departments including; R&D, Art, Modelling, Layout and Animation, to develop, implement and maintain character and prop assets for use in both Layout and Animation.
What you'll get to do
- Develop and maintain procedural rig components using a custom Python Rigging API. This includes:
- Following a brief to produce complex production ready rigs of a high standard
- Working with the Modelling Department to ensure that models are suitable for rigging and performance requirements
- Working with Animators to develop and prototype rigs for a broad range of creative and technical requirements
- Supporting rigs as they move through the animation pipeline and develop supplementary Animation tools and processes
- Provide leadership through example – has team spirit, highly motivated, takes initiative, is pro-active, and inspires the same in others
- Encourage and support development of respect, integrity and trust in team members.
What you bring
- 5+ years’ experience in feature animation, VFX, and/or animated television with a focus in Rigging
- Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio.
- Software development experience using Python, and relevant application API
- Experience with both mechanical and/or organic type rigs
- Strong and production proven knowledge of rigging in Maya
- Deep understanding and confidence with OOP in Python and learning/working to proprietary APIs
- Excellent understanding and ability to apply foundation knowledge of pertinent mathematical disciplines (basics of linear algebra and trigonometry as required)
- Solids knowledge in pipeline, process, tools and techniques with a high level understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats and common practice
- Solids knowledge of both mechanical and organic type rigs in a production environment
- Proven ability to create and deliver production ready rigs in a timely manner
- Proven solid technical and visual skills, excellent attention to detail
- C++ knowledge helpful but not mandatory.
- Willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and project
- Strong communication skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and build relationships across departments.
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with all personality types.
- Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or rigs moving forward; anticipating the supervisors and leads preference