Location: Sydney, Australia
Are you a Layout Assembly artist, experienced with assembly and asset management, along with a strong attention to detail? The Layout Assembly position is responsible for maintaining the “shot breakdown”, facilitating the distribution of assets between various departments and supporting the Layout and Animation teams with their creative requirements.
There is also a requirement to work closely with Performance Technical Directors and Technical Assistants to troubleshoot technical issues.
What you’ll get to do:
- Liaise with the Art and Asset departments to determine asset readiness for propagation to shot departments
- Maintain asset breakdown, troubleshoot shot builds and QC for delivery to downstream departments
- Ensure asset continuity across shots
- Adhere to deadlines and anticipate, communicate and troubleshoot technical issues with Production
- Become proficient with the proprietary tools and provide feedback; understand the department's role within the studio pipeline
- Communicate production information to both the artists and production
- Work with the Facility Assembly Supervisor to determine and test pipeline improvements
- Problem-solve to create and maintain production pipeline(s) and support AL’s overall technical goals as required
- Document new techniques and distribute updates to peers, crew and production
What you bring:
- A mature self-starter attitude with 3+ years’ experience in feature animation, VFX, and/or animated television with a focus in Layout
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of 3D software packages used in digital film production, in particular Maya
- Knowledge and experience with asset management and production tracking software
- A strong eye with a natural ability to focus on the detail
- A well organised approach to your work
- Knowledge of shot based set dressing techniques to provide artistic quality to the sequence
- An understanding of editing and continuity over a sequence of shots and a film
- Proven ability to deliver high quality shots within production deadlines
- Recognised post-secondary qualification in animation, film or related field is preferable
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with a one day per week work from home option
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including superannuation, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!