Producer opportunity at Animal Logic, Sydney!
With an exciting slate of upcoming films we’re looking to expand the Producing team!
How will you make a difference?
Your 4+ years as an Associate Producer (or similar) will put you in a good position to take on the responsibility for the management of all processes, schedules, budgets, crew and resources necessary to deliver high quality animation within specific creative, strategic and business parameters. Your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills will see you collaborate with the film’s Head of Production, Producer, Director, Art Director, Editor, Animation Director and all of the amazing crew, to deliver the film on schedule and within budget. Your organisational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise, coupled with your strong production knowledge will help you solve the daily operational challenges on the film.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage key relationships with the Director, Studio, Editor and Production Designer
- Overall animation picture budget responsibility, including tracking, any overage and change order requirements, and regular reporting of the film status.
- Assessment of story/edit turnovers and impacts
- Works with key leadership on the film including the CG Supervisor, Layout, Animation, FX and Lighting Supervisors to ensure alignment on executing the Director’s vision for the film.
- Works with key leadership within Animal Logic including the COO, Head of Production, General Manager, and Production Accounting to ensure best practices for execution of the film.
- Works with Producer and AL production team to deliver the film on schedule and within budget.
- Drive bidding and scoping of the story reels, facilitate solutions to any complexity or scope discussions
- Work with the studio producers to define high level project milestones
Other responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing the digital production schedule
- Working closely with the CG supervision team to define and communicate creative technique and methodology to achieve project objectives
- Provide leadership and guidance around all areas of influence
- Problem solve, anticipate, communicate, inspire and execute
- Participate in the casting and recruiting of relevant crew
What you bring:
- 8+ years’ experience working within a production team on a large VFX or animation production
- 4+ years’ experience in a senior leadership role
- A comprehensive knowledge of digital and animation pipelines
- Exceptional high level planning and scheduling
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong budgeting and forecasting skills
- Excellent communication skills, including clear and concise reporting
- Advanced computer skills, including database and spreadsheet proficiency
- Proven experience in managing and motivating large teams of people
- Self-awareness: calm and focused presence and approach, even when under pressure and on deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and motivate the team.
- Demonstrates diplomacy and an ability to effectively work and communicate with all personality types
- Demonstrates initiative, ownership and a proactive attitude