Are you a Software Engineer interested in contributing to our animation tools that stretch from Layout to Final animation, with Rigging as a pivotal point of the effort? You will work as a part of the global development team to advance its animation production tools and processes, especially in the areas of animation and rigging.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop core tools, plugins, nodes and applications used by Animation and Rigging, mostly in Autodesk Maya
- Work alongside some of the best artists and developers in the world and have an opportunity to make significant and varied contributions to a modern and unique Character Animation Pipeline
- Advance a modern and dynamic toolset that is proven on high-end productions, making a significant contribution to our large roster of upcoming feature animation and film VFX projects
What you bring:
- At least 2 years proven experience working directly on, and in close collaboration with users of, rigging and animation tools
- Knowledge and experience of current rigging, animation and deformation techniques and algorithms
- Demonstrable knowledge of a high end DCC application and its API (Maya or Houdini)
- Proficient Python Developer
- Intermediate or above C++ knowledge including performance optimisation
- A tertiary qualification in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science, or demonstrable equivalent experience applicable to mathematical and engineering tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team and flexibility to work alternatively to both strict specifications and more open and creative challenges
- A passion for regularly working with end-user clients and production staff
The following would be considered a bonus:
- Rigging experience (experienced riggers are welcome to apply!)
- An appreciation of design aesthetics
- UI/UX design and development experience
- More advanced C++ skill level
- GPU development skills
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio based in sunny Sydney or downtown Vancouver!
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including free gym access, breakfast, use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!