Are you an FX Lead who has previously been responsible for development of FX techniques, generation of FX assets, QA and operational management of an FX team? Do you have full CG animation experience? This could be the position for you!
What you’ll get to do:
- Organise and manage a team of FX artists, providing guidance and support when required.
- Clearly communicate the overall brief and goals of a project to each member of the team.
- Work with our internal R&D department to further develop procedures, pipelines and designs of FX tools.
- Drive the team reviews and offer creative/technical feedback on reviewed shots.
- Participate in production pipeline problem solving.
- Document new techniques and distributes updates to peers, crew and Production Management.
- Support open communication across the company.
- Work with the FX Supervisor or production team to prepare bids and pitches as required.
- Assist Production Management in preparation of final show reports as required.
- Ensure conflict is identified early (and escalated as appropriate) and constructive solutions are put in place to resolve/diffuse.
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature, in FX.
- 3+ years’ previous experience in a leadership role.
- Software development experience using Python and/or rigging solutions/tools with relevant application API in a production pipeline.
- Proficient and production proven knowledge of Houdini.
- Production experience using Houdini: SOPs/DOPs/POPs essential.
- Production experience using Houdini: Vex and Python knowledge desirable.
- Ability to craft Non Photoreal FX, from a creative brief.
- Proficient and production proven knowledge in pipeline, process, tools and techniques with a high level understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats and common practice.
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality.
- Willingness to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and project.
What you’ll need to include on your application:
- Please list previous lead experiences in your resume. We would like to see the duration of these positions and the specifics of the role.