Are you an experienced environment modeller with solid Houdini knowledge? Are you interested in working on a new animated feature? Animal Logic is looking for modelling artists who will interpret a variety of media and concept art to create stylised, production ready 3D environments.
What you’ll get to do:
- Interpret 2D designs and translate them into 3D space by utilising software such as Houdini, Maya, and Z-Brush, all while maintaining the original artistic intent.
- Utilise Houdini to create procedural 3D elements and environments.
- Produce complex models to a high standard with a thorough understanding of shape, scale and form.
- Work within and produce topology and wire frames for environment models.
- Produce accurate UVs for models for use in downstream departments.
- Produce highly optimised meshes that can be rendered and displayed efficiently for downstream departments such as Rigging, Layout and Lighting.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring assigned work is produced to an appropriate standard of quality within the scheduled timeframe and deadline.
- Maintain good communication with the Model Lead.
What you bring:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with VFX/Animation software tools and processes for TV and/or animated feature films.
- 3+ years’ experience in modelling.
- Experience in modelling stylised environments.
- Proficiency with Houdini, Maya and Z-Brush.
- Proficiency in environment modelling techniques and topology.
- Solid understanding of proper edge flow and polygon density.
- Solid understanding of the topological requirements of subdivision surface for both static and deforming models.
- Good understanding of industry standards, conventions, and formats to enable successful completion of work.
- Proven technical and visual skills with an understanding of art and design within an animation environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to abstract and interpret design down to its fundamentals.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
What you’ll need to include on your application:
- Turntables, with wireframes, of environment models.