Are you a Character Rigging Artist interested in working with us in our Vancouver studio?! The Character Rigging Artist will work closely with a variety of departments including; R&D, Art, Modelling, Layout and Animation, to develop, implement, maintain and support character and prop deformation rigs for use in both Layout and Animation. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to the Rigging Supervisor and Artist Management.
What you'll get to do:
- Develop and maintain procedural rig components with a specific focus on deformation, using a custom Python Rigging API. This includes:
- Works with the Rigging Supervisor and Lead as well as character modellers to explore character geometry topology which has the most efficient deformation
- Following a brief to produce complex production ready rig deformation of a high standard
- Working with Animators to aid with deformation rigs and/or a broad range of motion requirements
- Supporting rigs as they move through the pipeline and aid with additional deformation fixes for character shot finalling
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience in feature animation, VFX, and/or animated television with a focus in Rigging and deformation
- Deformation proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
- Experience with both mechanical and/or organic type rigs with preference in feature animation
- Strong and production proven knowledge of rigging and deformation using Maya
- Understanding and confidence with OOP in Python and learning/working to proprietary APIs, useful but not mandatory
- Solid knowledge in pipeline, process, tools and techniques with a high level understanding of industry standards, conventions, formats and common practice
- Solid knowledge of both mechanical and organic type rigs in a production environment
- Proven ability to create and deliver production ready rigs in a timely manner
- Proven solid technical and visual skills, excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and build relationships across departments
- English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality
- Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or rigs moving forward
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ.
Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world’s leading independent creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for almost 30 years. Earlier this year, the multisite studio delivered the hybrid live action/animated feature, Peter Rabbit 2 and is currently in production on Super Pets. Other recent credits include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part and Peter Rabbit.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.