Do you enjoy working collaboratively with Department Supervisors, TDs and R&D teams to ensure there is a common and standardised approach to the workflow, tool development and artist support?
We are looking for a Rigging Pipeline TD who is available for a 6 month contract.
What you’ll get to do:
- Be responsible for creative problem solving in relation to complex pipelines and assets, user support, environment and character pipeline development, environment shot assembly and technical direction.
- Take responsibility for the optimisation of the workflow of the department.
- Work closely with the Department Supervisor to research and develop department specific tools, maintain existing tools and plan for the future show/studio needs.
- Testing and validating new releases of pipeline tools both interactive (Maya) and automated (Farm).
- Ensure the department is technically well supported.
- Liaise with the R&D team to ensure compliance with current internal best practices.
- Anticipate potential issues and create fixes before problems arise.
- Provide training to the artists for new tools.
- Contribute to the documentation of the Asset department’s technical platform.
- Code review and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Pro-actively problem solving and finding solutions within the parameters you’re presented with.
- Work solo as well as collaboratively within a strong team environment; build relationships across departments, including global teams, and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members.
What you bring:
- 3 + years’ proven TD experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- 3 + years’ experience using and troubleshooting in software packages such as Maya.
- Experience with USD considered a bonus
- Experience with a large facility pipeline.
- Programming experience in Python
- Knowledge of source control systems, PyQt or other GUI toolkit.
- Knowledge of concepts like data flow, data dependencies, Meta data, publishing and retrieval.
- The ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and work and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner.
- Willingness to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and project.
- Self-motivation with strong organisational and time management skills.
- An inquisitive mind with excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow through on suggested solutions.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.