Are you a Lighting Pipeline TD who enjoys working on both VFX and Animated features supporting artists and working with R&D? If you are, this could be the position for you!
What you’ll get to do:
- Assist Artists with day-to-day issues and glitches and escalating when necessary.
- Develop and build upon the next-generation Lighting pipeline.
- Write helper and pipeline tools to support the lighting team and their workflow.
- Be responsible for varying levels of pipeline troubleshooting, user support, workflow design and tool development for Lighting, rendering and compositing.
- Work closely with R&D on pipeline, production management and rendering technology, while also endeavouring to work within the guidelines set by R&D as they pertain to tool development. The TD should ensure that any tool development is as generic (not project specific) as possible.
What you bring:
- 4+ years working in animated or VFX films, commercials or games
- Development experience and Python and/or C++
- Experience in USD, Nuke, and RenderMan/Arnold or other industry-standard pathtracing renderers.
- Advanced level of understanding of 3D data representation, rendering techniques and lighting principles
- Familiarity with the principles of image compositing and colour science.
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long-term quality, depending on evolving production needs
- An ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of both off-the-shelf and proprietary software tools
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.