Are you an excellent, proactive problem solver who is able to work through and assist with any technical issues that may arise within the Animation team? Then you could be our Technical Animator! We are currently looking for Technical Animators to start in the coming months on Peter Rabbit 2.
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for troubleshooting and user support within the Animation software and proprietary tools.
- Testing and validating new releases of workflow tools with Maya and in the Farm environment.
- Assist Animators with day to day issues and glitches and eventually escalating those issues through the right channels when they aren't immediately addressable.
- Assisting with technical workflow for the Animation department.
- Debugging render issues for the Animation reviews.
- Assisting with the QC process of shots moving in and out of the Animation department.
- Communicate and promote repeatable, pipeline based workflows that will ensure data security and efficiency throughout the whole production.
- Creating and updating documentation that supports the Animation processes.
- Establish close partnership with Animation staff and other TD groups.
What you bring:
- 1 + years’ experience on an animated feature working as a Technical Animator.
- Experience supporting animators.
- Experience with Rigging methods is preferable.
- Experience using Linux in a production environment is preferable.
- Programming experience in Python is a bonus.
- Understanding of traditional animation techniques and the principles of character motion.
- Experience using software packages applicable to Maya.
- Excellent in pro-active problem solving skills.
- An adaptable approach, with the ability to balance your workload with the needs of the artists and production deadlines.
- The ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and work and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical manner and artistic manner.
- Willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and project.
Please apply if you are eligible to work permanently in Australia.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.