Are you an energetic and enthusiastic experienced Animator who has strong character and creature animation skills in 3D animation? We are currently looking for Animators who are available in June.
What you’ll get to do:
- Bring characters to life! Create realistic animation, strong in both creature and character based shots.
- Contribute creative feedback in reviews, and in consultation with your Lead and Supervisor, provide input into the procedures and techniques that will enable the visual requirements of the film to be met.
- Mentor and by example, help less experienced artists, providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth.
- Meet project deadlines/milestones, as set by project leads, and the production department.
- Become proficient with the departments propriety tools.
- Develop an understanding of the processes of the adjoining departments (e.g. Layout, Lighting and Compositing) in relation to Animal Logic’s pipeline and communicate with these departments as needed.
- Consistently exercises sound judgment in all areas of performance.
What you bring:
- 3 + years’ experience on VFX or Animated feature films, TV series or games.
- 3 + years’ experience working in Animation.
- Proven ability to produce feature film quality character animation in a range of styles.
- Deep understanding of traditional animation techniques and the principles of character performance such as posing, timing, acting and storytelling techniques, and a high proficiency working in Maya.
- A deep understanding of anatomy, movement and basic real world physics and their application for animation.
- A passion for film making. Enthusiasm, positivity, initiative and talent coupled with an understanding for taking direction and performing tasks to the individual’s best abilities.
- An understanding of department pipelines including all assets and tools, and their purpose.
- Have an “eye” for the nuances of a believable action.
- Ability to work collaboratively and the ability to balance workloads to achieve deadlines within a team environment.
- A flexible approach while maintaining consistently high standards.
- A willingness to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and the project.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to listen and be open to all feedback given and apply this to shots moving forward; anticipating the supervisors/ leads and directors preference in accordance to the style of the project.
- Recognised post-secondary qualification in animation, film or related field preferable.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.