Are you a Software Engineer interested in contributing to our animation tools that stretch from Layout to Final animation, with Rigging as a pivotal point of the effort? The Software Engineer will work as a part of the global development team to continue the evolution of its animation production tools and processes, especially in the areas of animation and rigging.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work on core tools, plugins, nodes and applications used by Animation and Rigging
- Work alongside some of the best artists and developers in the world and have an opportunity to make significant and varied contributions to a modern and unique Character Animation Pipeline
- Be at the centre of the continued development of a pipeline that is both very recent and ripe with opportunities as well as established and proven on high-end productions, and make a significant contribution to our large roster of upcoming feature animation and film VFX productions
What you bring:
- At least 2 years proven experience working directly on, and in close collaboration with users of, rigging and animation tools
- Knowledge and experience of current rigging, animation and deformation techniques and algorithms
- Demonstrable knowledge of a high end DCC application and its API (Maya, XSI or Houdini)
- Proficient Python Developer
- Intermediate or above C++ knowledge including performance optimisation
- A tertiary qualification in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science, or demonstrable equivalent experience applicable to mathematical and engineering tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team and flexibility to work alternatively to both strict specifications and more open and creative challenges
- A passion for regularly working with end-user clients and production staff
And you might also have:
- An appreciation of design aesthetics
- UI/UX design and development experience
- More advanced C++ skill level
- GPU development skills
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.