Are you a new graduate, or someone wishing to get professional experience in digital Film VFX who is keen to specialise in creature effects and FX simulation? Our free Character FX course is a great way to get that career started.
Our selection process is competitive as we want to make sure that this is the right direction for you, as much as we want you to be the right person for our training. This course is part of Animal Logic’s ‘Ready! Set! Go!’ Learning and Development Program. The course will be run once in 2019, from Monday 20th May to Friday 25th May
We are looking for a number of Character FX artists for our upcoming show in 2019 and through this training course we will also be selecting artists that have what it takes for positions in our Character FX team.
What you’ll get to do:
- Attend a one week course, full time, 5 days a week.
- A refresher in the basics of Houdini.
- Practice on exercises that simulate real production shots and challenges.
- Experience Char FX training, learning about cloth, hair and fur simulations.
- Progress naturally towards a Character FX or VFX career path.
What you bring:
- Some knowledge of and experience using 3D software (ideally Houdini).
- Art based skills, not just technically based software skills.
- A desire to learn, excel and progress in the disciplines of Character effects and FX.
What you need to include in your application:
Please provide a resume, demo reel and shot breakdown. If possible we would to see the following on your reel:
Examples of any of the following:
- hair and fur simulation ( created with any software).
- cloth or FEM (created with any software).
- and other FX (particles/Fluids/Rigid Body Dynamics - created in Houdini ).
- programming for 3d (python/C++).
Whilst we conduct this training in preparation for upcoming projects, completing the training does not guarantee you a role on our next project and unfortunately we cannot guarantee when the next project will commence.
Please register your interest if you are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident only.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.