Are you an experienced Production Coordinator with a ‘get it done’ work ethic; who is a self-motivated, hard – working and efficient team player?
If you have managed 2 – 3 different craft teams and have proven sound judgement and decision making skills then this role was made for you!
What you’ll get to do:
- Building the day-to-day artist based schedule based on the task based schedule provided by Production Supervisor, in cooperation with Production Supervisor and Craft Supervisor.
- Maintain the artist schedule on day-to-day basis.
- Communicate progress, schedule changes or variances to the relevant people on a daily basis or as required.
- Work towards agreed deadlines as set by Production Supervisor and priorities as set by Production Manager and clearly communicate any variance from these.
- Mentor more junior members of the team.
- Organise the reviews within the framework given by Production Supervisor, attend and take accurate notes at craft group meetings or reviews and any other relevant production meetings.
- Ensure accurate review and meeting notes are recorded and distributed as soon as possible and the relevant production staff understand any action required from them as a result, including approved changes in brief, method or outcomes.
- Follow up on any action points to ensure deadlines are met.
- Build relationships with artist to enable yourself to provide support and be aware of any issues and concerns.
- Liaise with other department Co-ordinators and crew where appropriate to facilitate the efficient communication and transfer of elements between departments or between Animal Logic and its clients.
- Report daily render requirements to facility and technical departments.
- Understand all relevant project objectives; communicate them to the crew and ensure all production planning is aligned to the objectives.
- Monitor all artist hours worked and ensure that timesheets are accurately completed and submitted at the end of each day.
- Seek approval from the Production Supervisor and the Production Manager before committing to any crew overtime (TIL).
- Inform the relevant Production Management of any issues that may affect the crew’s ability to undertake or complete tasks.
- Responsible for gaining approval for annual leave from relevant production management.
- Provide Associate Producer with information relevant for performance and salary reviews.
- Conduct all activities with financial awareness and where relevant make recommendations for improvements to the Production Supervisor.
- Seek approval from the Production Supervisor for any project expenditure.
- Assist the Production Supervisor in completing accurate and timely Estimates To Complete (ETC) reporting.
- Take on additional responsibilities such as supporting and mentoring PA’s or junior coordinators.
What you bring:
- 3 + years’ experience working within a production team within a VFX, gaming, animation production or related industry.
- Qualification in Media or Project Management a bonus.
- Working with highly creative and/or technical people.
- A good understanding of digital production and overall pipeline methodologies.
- Excellent computer skills with a high proficiency in software like Project and Excel.
- An awareness of and ability to maintain industry standards, conventions and formats.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and multi-task intermediate project management skills.
- Self-awareness: calm and focused presence and approach, even when under pressure and on deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and motivate the team.
- Demonstrates diplomacy and an ability to effectively work and communicate with all personality types.
- Demonstrates initiative, ownership and a proactive attitude.
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.