Are you a mid modeller with both organic and hard surface VFX modelling experience interested in working on Peter Rabbit 2? Animal Logic is looking for Modelling Digital Artists who will interpret a variety of media and concept art to create sophisticated, production ready 3D models.
What you’ll get to do:
- Interpret 2D designs and translate them into 3D space by utilizing software such as Maya, Houdini, Z- Brush and Marvelous Designer, all while maintaining the original artistic intent.
- Produce complex models to a high standard with a thorough understanding of shape, scale and form.
- Work within/produce - topology/wire frame, turntables, character and/or environment
- Produce accurate UVs for models for use in downstream departments.
- Produce highly optimized meshes that can be rendered and displayed efficiently for downstream departments such as Rigging, Layout and Lighting.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring assigned work is produced to appropriate standard quality within the scheduled timeframe and deadline.
- Ensure a high level of communication is maintained with the Model Lead and Supervisor, particularly where situations arise that may compromise the quality or scheduled delivery of material.
- Distribute and share knowledge regularly to assist in the ongoing development of innovative tools and or techniques for modelling.
- Efficiently document workflow and feedback from Leads or Supervisors.
- Assist with the training and mentoring of less experienced modelling artists as required and maintain a discipline of leadership by example.
What you bring:
- 5+ years’ experience with VFX/Animation software tools and processes for TV and/or animated feature films.
- 5+ years’ experience in modelling.
- Experience in modelling photo-real animals is a bonus.
- Proficiency with Maya and Z-Brush as a bonus.
- Proficiency in character/creature and environment modelling techniques and topology.
- Solid understanding of proper edge flow and polygon density
- Solid understanding of the topological requirements of subdivision surface for both static and deforming models.
- Proficiency in both hard surface and organic, environments, props, creatures.
- Deep understanding of industry standards, conventions, and formats to enable successful completion of work.
- Proven technical and visual skills with an understanding of art and design within animation environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to abstract and interpret design down to its fundamentals.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to deliver clean technically proficient models that adhere to the technical specification outlined by the lead and/or supervisor.
- A collaborative and open disposition that can actively interpret and execute on notes from supervisors and directors.
- A strong sense of ownership of ones work.
What you’ll need to include on your application:
- Turntables with wireframes
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holiday Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.