Everything will be awesome when you’re part of the team! Are you an FX Artist interested in working with us on our first Animated Feature?!
What you'll get to do:
- Develop an understanding for the department pipeline including all assets and tools, and their purpose
- Develop particle and fluid simulations with direction from Supervisor and/or Lead
- Develop techniques and rigs to achieve and optimize approved looks with direction from Supervisor and/or Lead
- Understand the processes of adjoining departments (e.g. Lighting and Compositing) and communicate with these departments as needed
- Become proficient with the departments propriety tools
- Contribute creative feedback in reviews
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- 3+ years’ experience in working on FX and simulations using Houdini FX tools (Maya experience a Bonus)
- Houdini: SOPs/DOPs/POPs essential
- Houdini: Vex and Python knowledge desirable
- Understanding of traditional animation techniques, i.e. squash and stretch, anticipation, and key framing
- Ability to craft Non Photoreal FX, from a creative brief
- Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize assigned tasks
- Attention to design and artistic detail
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality and ability to meet deadlines with high quality output
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas
- Willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and project
- Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or shots moving forward; anticipating the supervisors and leads preference
What you’ll need to include in your application:
- Complex and problem solving FX shot work
- Houdini simulations
- Any digital assets and setups you've contributed to, created or developed yourself
- Any macro FX or miniature FX work a bonus!
Due to security reason please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information on working holiday visas or sponsored visas please go to our FAQ.