Pipeline Developer are responsible for writing and maintaining tools for use on high end visual effects films. Pipeline Developer are required to work closely with the CG Supervisor, Department Leads and Lead Pipeline TD.
- Writing pipeline tools and further developing the pipeline for use across shows
- Working in collaboration with the CG Supervisor and end users to determine the best solutions
- Once a solution has been agreed then ensure that it addresses end user and show requirements as briefed
- Maintaining of tools including troubleshooting and optimization
- Thorough documentation of all development and updating as necessary
- Ongoing research to recommend improvements to workflows to improve productivity or communication
- Excellent Python, Maya, Nuke, Houdini and Linux skills
- Experience developing for a 3-D application such as Maya or Houdini
- Problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- The ability to priorities production needs and tasks
- A good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting through to compositing
- A general understanding of networking and performance issues that arise with automated tools
- Provides technical support for aiding artists with the completion of computer graphics shots.
- Assists artists with troubleshooting and debugging of production issues.
- Support and develop tools and procedures, which maintain and enhance the production pipeline.
- Works with multiple departments and across multiple areas of Technical Direction.
- Assist animators and artists with troubleshooting of shots. Issues may include problems with fur, clothing, particle effects, animation, and rendering.
- Support and work with multiple departments, including Modeling, Animation, Lighting, FX, and Research and Development.
- Work closely with other Technical Directors, Production Supervisors, VFX Supervisors, and Production Engineering to maintain and further the production pipeline.
- Experience with computer graphics
- Visual effects production experience
- A degree in Computer Science
- Strong math
- Ability to support (non-technical) artists
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment. Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP), design patterns, projects implementing large systems, C++, Python