Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the role
As the Senior Associate for internal audits you will be part of a fast-paced, rapidly evolving internal audit function. Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, you will have a strong voice in defining the function’s methodologies and documentation standards. You will assist in the development, planning, execution, and communication of audits (SOX and operational) and will develop recommendations to improve/enhance the internal control environment. The skills necessary to succeed in this position include strong organization skills, ability to collaborate and partner with our businesses, audit expertise, effective communication, and ability to conduct audits independently.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and execute audits with guidance and support from department leadership. This includes identifying and researching applicable operational/technical issues, identifying risks, developing test plans, executing audit procedures and test steps, and documenting test results
- Gain an understanding of key processes and test the design and operating effectiveness of manual and automated business process controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Conduct meetings necessary to draft audit findings, including root causes and risk-based recommendations
- Assist in defining documentation standards for a maturing department
- Maintain effective relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Self-manage against audit timelines and schedules, routinely informing Internal Audit management of activities and any problems noted within audit areas
- Assist with special assignments as determined by Internal Audit senior management
- As part of the Internal Audit team, keep up to date on industry and business trends significant to the profession and to ANGI
- Willingness and ability to travel as required. Travel is variable in frequency, generally at 5-15%
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Internal Auditor a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant Public Accounting and/or Internal Audit experience at a public company
- Familiarity with IT General Control concepts a plus
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team, coupled with ability to conduct audits and interact with management (at all levels of the organization) independently
- Adaptable in a fast-paced, complex, constantly changing environment
- Detail oriented and well organized. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superior communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Enthusiastic and intellectually curious
- Strong critical thinking skills, with demonstrated application in root cause analysis
- High standard of ethics and professionalism
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $75,000-$110,000, commensurate with experience. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)