Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are building an innovative, new home service that spans the digital and physical worlds—from the details on a screen, to in-person, human-to-human interactions, and everything in between. You will be charged with redefining expectations around what’s possible in the home industry by creating simple, seamless solutions to complex, previously un-solved problems.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Product Design Director to collaborate with Product, Engineering, Data, and Marketing Leaders on the vision of our Services experience. Angi Services is the future of home care—it allows our customers to schedule, book, and pay for home services all within our app—just like ordering a taxi via a ride-share platform. Angi Services is bringing the price transparency and standardization of other businesses to home improvement. This leadership role is responsible for visionary strategic thinking, design excellence, and the overall health and performance of a design team.
A successful Product Design Director at Angi is a seasoned, ambitious leader who knows how to move fast, collaborates without ego, and designs with an eye for beauty. You are a creative leader who is a natural problem solver and thoughtful in your approach to achieve shared goals. You are committed to delivering excellence every time. You will lead and grow a talented design team that includes Product Designers, Managers, Copywriters, and Researchers.
What you'll do:
- Be the lead visionary for our Angi Services experience.
- Lead a talented design team by inspiring them to do their best work.
- Bring together Research, Writing, and Design to create an industry-defining product.
- Partner with Recruiting to grow your design team to meet the needs of the business.
- Focus your team on a north star and help contextualize all of their work around that goal.
- Evangelize our values in all the work you do with your team, with a particular emphasis on our first one— "Start with the customer.”
- Help shape the overall Angi Services strategy, both near-term and years ahead
Who you are:
- 10+ years of digital product design experience
- A seasoned manager—you’ve managed design teams at a product company.
- A designer at heart
- A champion of users, usability, and user-centric processes
- An evangelist and guardian of our brand
- An excellent communicator to diverse audiences
- An inspiring leader who believes that showing is better than telling.
- An expert in designing and shipping great digital products.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world