Angi® is the home for everything. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the role:
Software engineering is a team sport. Numerous processes, practices, and habits developed and fine tuned over the years keep highly effective teams humming. Rapidly growing such an engineering team while improving the team's effectiveness, efficiency, and happiness is a challenging endeavor. Engineering Operations is responsible for monitoring existing engineering programs and developing new programs (or evolving existing programs) that scale with the rapid growth. Examples of such programs include: blameless postmortems, technical talks, interview training, leadership coaching/mentoring, hackathons, and many others. Join our growing team and ensure the team remains effective, efficient, and happy as we scale our business.
What you will do:
- Be part of a team that builds impactful products for homeowners and pros
- Identify, measure, and review vital team metrics with senior engineering leaders
- Build effective feedback loops for the team to improve itself quickly
- Build an effective engineering program to drive large scale, cross organizational projects
- Own and improve the engineering budget and the associated best current practices
- Create and manage vendor relationships critical to product engineering
- Research and produce reports that can help drive strategic decisions
- Drive the definition, adoption, measurement, and evolution of best practices in collaboration with engineering leadership
- Develop a strong program to build camaraderie, collaboration, and happiness in a remote-only world
Who you are:
- 4-6 years of experience working within a fast paced environment (growth-stage startup or technology experience is a plus) or in a strategic consulting role
- Always eager to understand and solve impactful operational problems
- A degree in software engineering or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience within an agile software development life cycle
- A great collaborator with both technical and non-technical team members
- A strong and effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Hyper organized, with a keen eye for detail
- A self-starter who seeks out ways to create more value for the team and the Angi organization as a whole
Compensations & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $150,000-$200,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world