Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the role:
You are a product leader who wants to help define how customers find and discover services that help them love where they live. Angi is seeking an experienced, results-driven Product Manager. This person will own the matching products that monetize nearly $1bn annually in our marketplace. They will have the opportunity to build personalized experiences to help both homeowners and pros get the most out of our marketplace.
What you’ll do:
- Own the Angi Marketplace and use all the levers at your disposal to drive step-function improvement in lifetime value for our pros and customers, while considering any risk to financials.
- Own and build a roadmap for the Marketplace that has ambitious goals, builds momentum, and inspires passion in the engineering team you’ll partner with.
- Design, build, and test innovative changes to our matching and pricing algorithms.
- Develop a deep understanding of all metrics in the marketplace so you’re always making data driven decisions.
- Thrive within ambiguity and find new, creative ways to solve problems every day, with data as your guide.
- Identify and launch new product ideas with a thoughtful testing approach.
- Ruthlessly prioritize the most important things to get to an MVP quickly.
- Collaborate with design, data science, engineering, and analytics to make smart decisions that deliver for customers and pros.
Who you are:
- Deeply curious: you operate with a sense of urgency and always look for new ways to understand our customers and create value on their behalf.
- Data-fluent: you use data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics to learn and make decisions.
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning. You find creative ways around blockers and always have an option for what’s next and never an excuse for why you can’t proceed.
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A’ game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don’t accept “because that is the way we’ve always done it.”
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+L's. You never say “that is not my job.”
Skills and Experiences needed for success:
- 3+ years of product experience, including leadership of an engineering team. If not direct Product Management experience, you have experience solving problems for customers and leading a team to build solutions.
- A track record of innovating on behalf of customers and developing ‘new to the world’ products.
- Ability to use both qualitative and quantitative data to influence key stakeholders and make compelling product decisions.
- Deep experience testing at scale, including partnering with data science or analytics/BI to build new products.
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Strong ability to collaborate across functions and seamlessly juggling the priorities of multiple stakeholders.
- Familiarity and comfort with data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health and to make hard prioritization decisions.
- Superior communication skills: You can tell a compelling story, you communicate clearly and concisely and can tailor your message to your audience.
This role is a remote/hybrid role and our preference is for this person to be based out of Denver, CO, but we are open to remote for the right person.
We value diversity:
We know that the best ideas come from product teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $70,000 - $140,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world