At Angi, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
Angi is looking for an experienced Content Writer to join our Content & Editorial team. We’re building best-in-class digital content for our users and looking for writer who can educate and entertain our readers. This position will work out of one of our offices in Denver, New York, Chicago or Indianapolis, though remote work may be considered for the right candidate.
In this role, you will be responsible for ideating and writing high impact pieces that promote the Angi brand. We hate saying “viral” content, but this content writer should understand what makes content “shareable.” Your content will go beyond everyday articles, but instead be immersive, sticky multimedia experiences that grab a reader’s attention, tell a story and create engagement. You will be responsible for working with additional departments, such as Brand, Communications, Design and more, to match ideas to the broader Angi story. Expertise in large-scale content campaigns, influencer marketing and/or link building is a must in this role.
In this role, you’ll:
- Produce content for Angi on a wide spectrum of topics ranging from new home trends to data studies to hyperlocal stories.
- Collaborate with UX and design on creative briefs to create rich visuals (infographics, data visualizations, illustration, etc.) that conveys a clear story and isn’t just for “fluff.”
- Work within a diverse range of research methodologies that builds the authority of the campaigns you deliver.
- Brainstorm monthly on new topic opportunities and create recurring content franchises that appeal to the Angi consumer.
- Measure content success across social impact, earned media coverage, on page engagement, newsletter growth and more.
- Collaborate regularly with department managers, editors, SEO analysts, outreach specialists, designers and more to move projects forward.
- Conduct ad hoc keyword research to find new “high touch” content (checklists, calculators, generators, etc.), as well as optimize for SEO across all content.
Who you are:
- Natural storyteller: You know what resonates with audiences and you stay ahead of home trends.
- Digital first mindset: You have experience building immersive online content that ties back to brand voice.
- Innovative: You are constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel our content.
- High ownership: You celebrate the successes while also taking on the losses as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- High initiative: You are an ambitious go-getter who takes initiative without being asked and over-delivers on your promises.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: You work collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
Skills & experience needed for success:
- 2+ years of content writing experience.
- A robust portfolio of digital content that demonstrates an understanding of digital web content, ideally in the home, lifestyle or real estate space.
- Proven data analysis skills and critical thinking ability.
- Experience creating and managing influencer content campaigns.
- SEO and/or link building experience a plus.
- A degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $45,000 - $75,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world