Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the role:
Angi’s Legal Department is looking for a Vice President, Associate General Counsel, SEC & Corporate Governance to join one of the most recognizable home services brands in North America. This position will manage the legal and compliance aspects related to the board, including shareholder meetings and assisting with SEC filings, as well as M&A transactions and other corporate matters. The position will report directly to Angi’s Chief Legal Officer and will be based in either New York City or Indianapolis.
What you’ll do:
- Provide counsel to Angi’s leadership team to drive strategic business and legal initiatives across all aspects of our growing business including finance and business development.
- Advise executive team on corporate strategy, SEC requirements and corporate governance. Design and implement the policies, procedures and controls required for corporate compliance.
- Support corporate secretary function – draft corporate governance materials, including resolutions, minutes, and other materials for meetings of the board and its committees.
- Advise investor relations, corporate and product communications, and corporate financial reporting functions on disclosure and securities matters. Prepare and review press releases, investor presentations and management presentations, including the review of all earnings releases and related scripts.
- Assist with various equity and debt financings and provide legal support to the treasury function.
- Support the drafting and negotiation of M&A transaction agreements and manage all legal aspects of acquisition or disposition transactions.
- Collaborate with Angi’s legal team on miscellaneous legal matters as needed.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in US Securities (both SEC reporting and transactions) and M&A; corporate law experience within a top nationally recognized law firm required. In-house experience at a fast-growing international company preferred.
- BA/BS and JD required; Active membership in good standing of the bar of any U.S. jurisdiction
- Deep knowledge of and extensive experience in corporate governance best practices for public companies, Securities Act, Exchange Act and Nasdaq listing requirements.
- Experience with the Delaware General Corporation Law
- Experience with corporate governance, entity formation, and equity issuances under stock incentive plans. Familiarity with executive compensation matters encompassed in proxy statement disclosure
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to explain complex legal concepts concisely and effectively to non-lawyers
- Proactive self-starter; bias for action
- Highly organized with superior time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities often under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated thought leader with strong organizational skills and business judgment with ability to build and maintain strong cross functional working relationships
Compensation & Benefits:
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world