Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the Team:
Angi is looking for an experienced Outreach Specialist to join our Content & Editorial team. We’re building best-in-class digital content for our users and looking for a promoter who can ensure content is being distributed and seen. This position will work out of one of our offices in Denver, New York, Chicago or Indianapolis, though remote work may be considered for the right candidate.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, you will manage our link acquisition campaigns, digital PR efforts and influencer collaborations. You will work closely with our brand, social media and public relations teams to create a harmonious workflow. You will be responsible for running link reclamation, finding new opportunities and ideating content geared towards earning digital coverage.
- Secure digital coverage for Angi and HomeAdvisor focused on the primary purpose of improving SEO, meeting goals of 50-100 link placements per month
- Manage and maintain media lists that may include national, local and blogger outreach
- Brainstorm new campaigns and content franchises for pitching to external media or building out on Angi and HomeAdvisor
- Monitor Angi and HomeAdvisor news coverage to supplement pitching campaigns and stay aware of new opportunities
- Collaborate with Brand and Communications departments to share resources and align stories
- Report monthly on coverage, link outcomes, social engagement and referral traffic
Who You Are:
- Natural love for media: You understand how to package a story to appeal to journalists and bloggers
- Relationship builder: You are able to make connections with internal stakeholders and external media to move your projects forward
- Excellent communicator: You are able to clearly communicate in various forms, especially email
- High ownership: You like to work independently and with a sense of urgency, while delivering high-quality results
- High initiative: You are an ambitious go-getter who takes initiative without being asked and over-delivers on your promises
- Innovative: You are constantly focused on improving, growing and coming up with new ways to grow and propel our content
- Teamwork & positive attitude: You work collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly
- Demonstrable track record of earning media coverage and a passion for pitching journalists, bloggers and influencers
- Comfortable creating and sending a high volume of email pitches (100+ per week)
- 2-4 years of SEO-driven outreach or digital PR experience (in-house or agency)
- A degree in Communications, Journalism or a related degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered
- SEO knowledge and experience a plus
- Experience using media relations tools such as Cision, Meltwater, Muckrack, Buzzstream, Pitchbox or other
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $50,000-$80,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world