Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the team:
We are building an innovative, new home service that spans the digital and physical worlds—from the details on a screen, to in-person, human-to-human interactions, and everything in between. You will be charged with redefining expectations around what’s possible in the home industry by creating simple, seamless solutions to complex, previously unsolved problems.
About the role:
This role will be joining the team responsible for the Angi design system. Designers on this team work on creating the components, patterns, interactions, and behaviors that define our design system and underpin our product's user experience. It’s a key role on the rapidly growing Angi Design Team. Your end-users can be defined in two types:
1. Our internal team that uses our design system to build our products. A lot of your work will involve cross-functional collaboration to ensure teams are well supported and have what they need to design their features.
2. Our end users, both for the consumer and the pro. We are a multi-sided marketplace, so there should be considerations for how the system spans across both experiences.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a proven designer that has developed design systems in the past—this isn’t your first design systems rodeo. You’re a self-starting designer who actively looks for ways to substantially improve our design system. You have naturally good taste and are confident in your craft.
You have pixel-perfect standards with exceptional interaction design skills and an eye for accessibility and usability. You’ll work with front-end and UX engineers to ensure your designs are implemented perfectly.
While this isn’t a managerial role, you love leading concepts and taking people along for the ride. You participate in strategic thinking and planning and are comfortable thinking two or three quarters ahead.
You have a bullet-proof eye for identifying common design patterns throughout web and native mobile platforms and an understanding of how to implement these patterns into our system.
You enjoy writing as a form of communication. You have past experience in writing design documentation that is easy for the reader to consume and understand.
While you enjoy strategic thinking, you're in the zone when you're designing components and love geeking out on UI details or interaction patterns. You’re hands-on and excited to roll up your sleeves and get things done as part of a dynamic team.
Above all, you’re an advocate for consistency with enough flexibility to accommodate critique and change.
What you'll do:
- Own design components from concept to code—enjoying the journey of iterations, and knowing nothing is ever really final.
- Document and communicate how your components behave so that designers, engineers, and product managers get the most out of our design system.
- Pair with engineers to realize your designs on all platforms (web, iOS, Android).
- Be constantly on the lookout for best practices, design patterns and anti-patterns, throughout various industries and platforms.
- Be a key player on a small but mighty team making a huge impact
- At least 5-7+ years experience in product design
- Previous experience iterating on a design system
- Ability to take a project from ideation to completion
- Thinks in terms of design systems and makes rational and logical design decisions
- Knowledge of modern, emerging web and mobile UI patterns and design tools
- Flourishes in an environment of continuous learning and eager to advance your craft further
- Strong technical background with an understanding of the basics
- Ability to communicate and collaborate on cross-functional teams
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $85,000-130,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world