Disruptors for a sustainable future
At Anew, we are passionate about delivering meaningful, measurable climate impact in a decarbonizing economy. Inspired by our values of integrity, trust, creativity, and hope, and grounded by decades of experience and unsurpassed knowledge in environmental markets, we make it possible for organizations and communities to thrive while building a sustainable future.
We’re seeking high-energy, creative team players eager to apply their talents to the defining challenge of our time. If you’re committed to excellence and excited by the prospect of doing well by doing good, we look forward to hearing from you.
Reporting to the VP of Business Development, this Commercial Sales role will focus on bringing in new customers in need of sustainability-oriented environmental products such as carbon offsets.
As part of Anew’s highly experienced and professional sales team, responsibilities include pursuing new sales leads from clients with climate goals and commitments, conducting market research and developing market engagement strategies, and participating in a partner-oriented, consultative sales approach to build long-term client relationships.
This role will engage and interact with new and existing buyers in the booming Voluntary Carbon Market (VCM) in a variety of capacities from initial outreach, to contracting and follow-up for repeat purchases to ensure a smooth sales process.
Primary Responsibilities and Competencies*:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop new business opportunities through outreach to corporate clients and prospects.
- Contract new sales.
- Respond to inbound inquiries regarding new voluntary offset sales.
- Conduct market research and outreach to support overall Sales team efforts.
- Conference coordination and attendance, as well as customer visits, to prospect and generate new leads.
- Prepare, edit and proof presentation materials and exhibits, including contributing to new RFI and RFP responses.
- Help facilitate the signing of NDAs, contracting, and KYC process for customers.
- Other commercial sales team support as needed.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Required Education, Experience and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in carbon or other environmental markets
- Experience with using and managing CRM Management systems
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven track record of meeting monthly/quarterly/annual sales quotas
- Task and Detail-Oriented
- Excellent writing skills
- Critical thinker
Anew is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, age, or criminal conviction for which a pardon has been granted, or any other protected category under federal, state, provincial and local laws governing workplace discrimination.
Anew is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives.