Disruptors for a sustainable future
At Anew, we are passionate about delivering meaningful, measurable climate impact in a decarbonizing economy. Inspired by our values of integrity, trust, creativity, and hope, and grounded by decades of experience and unsurpassed knowledge in environmental markets, we make it possible for organizations and communities to thrive while building a sustainable future.
We’re seeking high-energy, creative team players eager to apply their talents to the defining challenge of our time. If you’re committed to excellence and excited by the prospect of doing well by doing good, we look forward to hearing from you.
General Summary: The Analyst will support the Desk in preparing analytics, reports, abstracts, credit applications, and regulatory documents. In addition, there will be opportunities to assist the Desk with business development.
Primary Responsibilities and Competencies*:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage emissions data collection and vet commercial opportunities from projects nationwide
- Engage with and understand state and federal agencies' requirements for reporting, permitting, and additional relevant air quality-related matters
- Research and report on emissions protocols along with state and federal energy and environmental policies, rules, and regulations
- Review and summarize industrial sites' environmental permitting, calculations, reporting, and compliance history
- Evaluate and summarize emission product supply and demand imbalances, emission product price projections, and benchmarking for industrial clients
- Prepare draft presentations to frame commercial opportunities with potential customers
- Support commercial proposal, contracting, and accounting
- Review and collaborate on strategic communications with market stakeholders
- Support activities related to emissions campaigns and related environmental conferences
- Conduct market research to identify new opportunities that would be a natural extension of the products and services provided by the Desk.
- Prepare materials for Environmental Conferences and support associated activities
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Required Education, Experience and Certification:
- 1-3 years of work experience
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, or Business Administration.
- Successful project/task management, note-taking, and organizational track record. Attention to detail is a must
- Solid skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint. Data analysis/visualization experience is highly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate complex scientific data and technical information in layman's terms
Preferred Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to manage periods of intense workload
- Demonstrated analytical process thinking and problem-solving – prior professional experience, internships, or collegiate research a plus
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory environmental policies and markets preferred
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to the Houston area.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
- Ability to develop automated processes for data collection and analysis
- Percentage of travel if required likely not to exceed 10%.
- Demonstrated attention to deal
- Eagerness to learn
- Flourishes when not micromanaged
- Ability to take minimal direction and conduct financial or environmental analysis
- Demonstrated ability going above and beyond the call
- Ability to communicate across various personality and cultural types
Anew is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, age, or criminal conviction for which a pardon has been granted, or any other protected category under federal, state, provincial and local laws governing workplace discrimination.
Anew is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives.