Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
A Chef de partie (CDP), also known as a “station chef” or “line cook”, is in charge of a particular area of production. When it is not busy he or she at times is the only staff in the department.
As a chef de partie you get to oversee a section of the kitchen, be it pastry, butchery, fish, sauces, vegetables and so on. This is why the job is sometimes called a station chef or line cook. Reporting to the Sous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Specific Key Responsibilities
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive service while supporting fellow colleagues.
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items is according to recipes.
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings.
- Ensure departmental colleagues are aware of standards and expectations.
- Liaise daily with other station chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding feedback.
- Continually strive to improve food preparation and presentations.
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in the Culinary field required.
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention to various needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.