Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
The Information Division is made up of the Learning, Technology, and Success departments, and is responsible for serving Andela’s business units by providing a scalable and smooth pipeline of partner-ready developers that exceed expectations, while supporting our Partners and Developers along the way. As a Project Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the CIO in analyzing the data across the division, helping to identify root causes of cross-department collaboration issues and helping to identify gaps in Andela’s processes and work to close those gaps to help the business run more efficiently.
Specific Key Responsibilities
- Work closely with the CIO of Andela, as well as his direct management team
- Collaborate with many different teams in the division and help the division solve problems for Andela that have not been solved before
- Ensure teams are following agreed-upon processes and when they are not, help to mitigate that risk in the Division
- Work closely with different teams, including Operations to identify ways to automate processes or make them more efficient by looking for synergies between departments
- Review, extract and analyze data on existing systems, processes and procedures
- Creates reports that detail trends in performance and processes, as well as make recommendations for improvements; identify gaps and help close them
- Manage the development of new projects through special research, data analysis, and data collection to facilitate strategic decision-making
- Assess any project for financial and economic feasibility, and be responsible for administrative activities (estimates and cost control) and monitoring the activities set for each project
- Coordinate with departments within the company and, in some cases, teams from outside the organization
- Analyze, track, forecast, and report on department processes, metrics and other shortfalls
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience doing analytical, problem solving, teamwork-oriented work
- Passion for our mission
- Willingness and excitement to help make improvements in the division
- Experience and comfort working with senior level executives and holding them accountable for their deliverables
- Demonstrated effectiveness developing plans, prioritizing activities and driving execution
- Strong confidence to make important recommendations using detailed analysis for support
- Effective in identifying root causes of problems or the gaps in systematic processes and devising creative solutions to address them
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary and geographically dispersed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and appropriately handle sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills with experience coordinating multiple work streams simultaneously; a good multi-tasker
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, inspire action/trust amongst teams and influence outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
- Can thrive working for an extremely detail-oriented, multi-tasking manager
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.