Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Food and beverage store keeper will be responsible for overseeing deliveries of items by suppliers. They will regularly check orders to ensure that they are getting what they have requested and that the company is being charged properly. Likewise, food and beverage store keeper ensures that orders are fulfilling company needs. By performing inventory audits, the food and beverage store keeper makes sure that food is not being wasted and that the store is fully stocked at all times to meet the requirements of the kitchen.
Prepare Analysis and Reports.Food and beverage store keeper will meet regularly with the department head to present their analysis and reports regarding inventory. They will track orders, what is used and the cost, in addition they will be tasked with coming up with cost cutting measures.
- Must have strong problem solving skills to be effective.
- Must possess excellent negotiation skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Work flexibility.
- Team player with minimum supervision.
- Possess sound leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Give a weekly report of how the weekly purchases were utilized.
- Ensure that all the issuances from the stores are properly accounted for and utilized by various departments.
- Have stock movement report prior to weekly stock requisition.
- Check the store for any breakages or routine maintenance.
- Ensuring prompt utilization and accountability of stock.
- Control and track stock levels, timely ordering and verification of the supplies.
- Estimate food consumption, place orders with suppliers, schedule delivery and check the quality of deliveries.
- Meet with sales representatives to order supplies/replenishment for tableware, cooking utensils, and cleaning items.
- Total receipts and balance against sales, deposit receipts, and lock facility at end of day.
- Responsible for storage of both food & beverage and operational stock.
- Responsible for day-to day check on the storage facilities for upkeep and hygiene.
- Should be able to follow standards for issuing and receiving stock within the stores.
- Should have understanding of standards of HACCP in storage practices.
- Should possess reporting skills to be able to coordinate with the Cost Controller with proposals and day-to-day feedback on operational control.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma or Certificate in hotel management, procurement or store management.
- 2-3 years experience working in the Catering/Hotel / F&B sector
- Should ideally have experience in stock taking in food & beverage sector.
- Service- minded
- Must be a computer literate
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation.
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily.
- Beautiful working environment.
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet.
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.