Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the role
The Product Designer is an expert practitioner in Design that the rest of our organization looks up to for thought leadership in design.
This individual possesses a strong sixth sense for functional and aesthetic design. They consistently exceed the standards of everyone around them, but you rarely exceed their own standards.
They are always looking for ways to analyze and improve existing designs of things around them. They continuously seek ways to improve the design thinking of people around them.
The Product Designer is seeking to build global technology leaders through building transformative products that allow for seamless yet meaningful interactions between humans and machines.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Build and deliver high fidelity designs (UI and UX) for Learning products
- Transfer design expertise to a growing group of apprentices
- Actively contribute to the design curriculum
Qualifications and Characteristics:
You’re a good fit for this role if you:
- Have successfully worked as a designer in a variety of environments including software development, using the latest practices and tools.
- You (with and without a team) have built jaw-dropping mockups and prototypes that energize users’ requirements functionally while giving them life aesthetically.
- You believe that the world could be further transformed into a more pleasant place when humans and machines can interact more seamlessly through well-designed interfaces.
- You want to change the world for the better. You believe that you are better at doing this when your work is also an investment in others. You have strong beliefs about what “better” really looks like. You’re dedicated to making your work a manifestation of all these beliefs
- You find that people who magnify your ability to change the world are rare, but you seek them out and when you find them, you start to realize just how much you really can do together, just how long the road, and how hard the work.
- You want to reshape the world’s expectation of what a Technology Leader looks like and where they come from. You know that a company is more than the sum of its people, it’s the manifestation of their collective dreams and abilities. You want to work with people like you in spirit and diverse in experience.
EPIC Values Alignment
Excellence: You possess a strong sixth sense for functional and aesthetic design. You consistently exceed the standards of everyone around you, but you rarely exceed your own standards
Passion: You’re always looking for ways to analyze and improve existing designs of things around you. You continuously seek ways to improve the design thinking of people around you.
Integrity: You not only hold yourself to a higher standard than all those around you, but you inspire others to respect that standard and question their own level of ethical consciousness.
Collaboration: You speak with passion and detail, you listen with focus and empathy, you refuse to let politics or emotions get in the way of productivity. You have a knack for enabling others to see the value in being part of something bigger.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.