Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
About the Facilities Helpdesk Associate Role
You will be part of a high-functioning team where your work matters. You will make a difference and join our mission. As most startups, we operate at lightning speed, and if you embrace it, you'll be challenged every day. This position will report directly to the Facilities Coordinator.
The Facilities Helpdesk Associate will be the first point of contact for the company and will provide administrative support across the organization.
Work hours: 08:00am - 06:00pm.
This is a desk-based job as the guest area needs to be manned at all times. The specific responsibilities of the Facilities Helpdesk Associate will include:
- Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming directing them appropriately.
- Welcomes visitors/clients to Andela in person or on the telephone as well as answering or referring inquiries
- Control inventory relevant to the reception area and ensure welcome area is clean and inviting at all times.
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information about Andela when needed.
- Maintains and follows Andela security procedures for visitors, monitoring logbook and issuing visitor badges.
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers.
- Be the first point of contact regarding all Facilities Management (FM) day-to-day queries.
- Manage the Facilities helpdesk, log and track all requests to the department.
- Responsible for communicating job requests to relevant members of the Facilities team and following through until close out.
- Responsible for sending out all Facilities department communication to relevant stakeholders including surveys and reports.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Responsible for managing leases, assigning bed spaces to Andelans and sending eviction notices to residences.
- Respond to messages/complaints on the #ask-facilities channel on slack.
- Update appointments on Google calendars and schedule meetings/appointments as requested.
- Perform all job duties with the utmost attention to safety and security measures which are outlined by Andela’s safety and security manual, employee handbook and other company materials.
- Provide administrative support to the Facilities team as required.
- Participate in incident/fire management/first aid duties.
- Assist in the implementation of effective communication processes within the FM team.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role, you should:
- Must have good interpersonal skills and familiarity
- Must work effectively and collaborate with others
- Self-motivated and willingness to serve
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Have a University degree
- Have a good knowledge of Google Drive
- Be able to communicate clearly and present work product clearly
- Exude a professional appearance
- Attention to detail
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multi task, prioritize and work under pressure
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.