Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela’s Learning department is charged with creating a high quality learning environment that scales with consistency to support Andela’s developers as they move through our Technology Leadership program. As a Curriculum Developer, you will be responsible for creating, maintaining, analyzing, and improving the content that helps our Fellows prepare to be successful in a diverse range of global technology roles-- across many experience levels, programming languages, and backgrounds.
- Create curriculum to support our Fellows in performing as globally distributed software developers on a variety of different roles (skill levels, programming stacks, etc)
- Collaborate across many departments to write, edit, and launch new curriculum
- Research, design, and create relevant, clear, and actionable curriculum across a variety of programming languages and experience levels
- Constantly maintain and improve on existing curriculum, taking ownership of the work to ensure high-quality product output
- Pair with team members to give and receive constructive criticism and feedback to improve content and increase skill set.
- Research the market best-practices for new roles by interviewing internal and external experts
- Bring a strong opinion about the best practices for learning and curriculum and be prepared to act as a subject matter expert when it comes to the learner experience
- Constantly track time spent on tasks to inform content planning decisions, be an expert at meeting deadlines and project managing to get things done!
You’re a good fit for this role if you are:
- A background in learning & development in any form (teaching, curriculum development, etc)
- Familiar with technical programming languages at a basic level-- you don’t need to be able to be a software developer, but you do need to be able to speak with them and build powerful, transformative curriculum for them!
- A lifelong learner with a deep curiosity about what helps people learn best
- A doer who is self-motivated and proactive, obsessed with detail and quality, and personally offended by mediocrity.
- An open communicator who takes ownership of deliverables, communicates ideas, and tests their efficacy with an analytical mindset.
- A professional with extremely strong writing skills
- Able to read, research and master new subject materials
- Able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust quickly to shifting priorities
- Able to thrive on a diverse, globally distributed team
- Preferred qualifications:
- A professional with 2-5 years of experience collaborating with cross-functional and internationally distributed teams
- Experience in curriculum development
- Experience as a teacher (in whatever way you interpret that!)
- Experience in the field of research, journalism, anthropology, or other qualitative analysis fields
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
Oh, and a chance to change the world!
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.