Andela distributes opportunity by powering today’s teams and investing in tomorrow’s leaders. Based in Lagos, NYC, Nairobi, SF, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela’s Jobs Placements Services unit is designed to support Developers who plan to get jobs after completing the Fellowship with systems that will materially increase their chances of success.
About the Jobs Placements Services Manager Role
The Jobs Placement Services Manager is equal parts jobs aggregator, partnerships negotiator, head hunter, and recruiter. You will maintain a strong relationship with our Senior Developers, understand their future job aspirations, and connect them to opportunities that have high chances of fulfillment.
As Jobs Placement Services Manager, you have your finger on the pulse of every job opportunity available to Andela’s Developers seeking employment in local and global tech ecosystems.
To be truly successful in this role, you would need to hold the deep belief that anything is possible with our powers combined -- and be passionate about making sure the right combination of resources and human capital are always exposed to one another.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Set up efficient systems to source job opportunities for Andelans
- Build fruitful talent partnerships between Andela and local tech companies
- Perform gaps analyses of Andela Developer capabilities vs desired abilities of senior tech jobs
- Collaborate with the Professional Development Manager to build learning programs that enable Developers to own their job aspirations from job searching to accepting the best offer
- Track the progress and success of Andela Developers in their employment search journey
Key Attributes & Qualifications
You’re already looking like a Jobs Placements Services Manager if you:
- Have a passion for and experience in the world of technical talent:
- Aggregating technical job opportunities
- Technical Talent Recruitment
- Technical Talent Headhunting
- Technical Career Planning
- Providing career advice to developers
- Understand the Nigerian tech ecosystem, know the players, and the kind of talent they need
- Are a natural communicator and networker who backs up their work with precision and structure (tracking resources, ensuring resources are growing, carefully maintaining relationships & commitments)
- Quickly build relationships, and continually strengthen them over time through consistency and trust
- Are relentlessly optimistic and inspire those around you to believe in success even when things get tough
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.