Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Facilitator Manager Position:
As a Facilitator Manager, you will primarily work under the Learning department overseeing all Facilitators while being a symbol of technology leadership for all Andelan’s in the country you are based. You will work with the Learning team to direct iterations of our facilitation techniques, create and maintain innovative processes that monitor the health and effectiveness of all Facilitation interactions, and provide coaching and mentorship for all Facilitators in a given center. You will be a key contributor to learning and development frameworks that are critical to helping Andela grow and scale as an organization. You will also collaborate with the Curriculum team to provide insight into how our learning products are being used and how they could better support the learning of all Andelans.
- Managing a high-performing team of Learning & Development Facilitators
- Collaboratively define and maintain Andela Facilitation norms with other Facilitator Managers in different centers
- Creating and maintaining processes to monitor the health and effectiveness of Facilitation interactions
- Educating all co-located Andelans about best learning and development practices
- Observing and offering constructive feedback to all co-located Facilitators
- Leverage cognitive apprenticeship methods to support the learning of entry-level apprentices
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- The ability to be located in Nairobi, Kenya.
- 5-7 years experience in Learning & Development, Supply Chain Management or Software Engineering
- Strong knowledge of Agile development methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience facilitating the learning and development of software developers
- Excellence in managing high performance technical teams
- Passion for learning & development
- Integrity in giving feedback to team members
- Collaboration demonstrated through iterating management processes based on feedback from colleagues
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Proficient with Google Docs/Microsoft Word, Sheets/Excel and Slides/Powerpoint.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.