Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About The Role
As Andela scales its presence in Africa, the Chief Strategy Officer and leadership team will need to deploy a highly effective team to work on high-impact strategic initiatives for Andela in Africa. These include long-term (i.e. 2-3 yr horizon) strategies, as well as short-term opportunities to operate a more effective, high performing organization.
Andela is seeking a Manager, Strategic Initiatives, who will play a critical role in identifying, evaluating, recommending, and executing these high-impact initiatives.
The Project Manager will collaborate intimately with stakeholders across all functions of the business, across our New York, Lagos, Kampala and Nairobi offices. In this role, you will help answer diverse open-ended questions across the company, and help to generate actionable insights that inform the growth of our model. This person will be responsible for brainstorming, designing and executing on a variety of special strategic initiatives to help develop Andela’s programs and processes so we can scale.
This position requires a motivated self-starter who is able to work comfortably across several unique functions, carries initiatives from start to finish, and can work effectively at all levels of the organization across the uniquely cross-cultural Andela environment.
The Project Manager is a machine; process-driven, data-driven, and results oriented. They consistently exceed the standards of everyone around them, but rarely exceed their own standards. They are passionate about “servant leadership.” They believe that they do the dirty organizational work so that the team can focus on what they do best: execution.
Every rocket ship needs an engine. The right person for this role desires to build the engines that enable the rocket ships of human transformation to take off and land smoothly.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify, research, evaluate and recommend projects that optimize business and team performance based on defined strategy.
- Structure analytical and data-driven approaches to evaluating and executing projects
- Build and lead impactful relationships with cross-functional team members including the leadership teams.
- Manage cross-functional teams (who don’t report directly to you)
- Support Andela initiatives by developing project scopes, objectives, deliverables and timelines
- Work with the different departments to support the planning of long term business strategy based on business growth
- Collaborate with members across our global teams and partners in developing delivery roadmaps, defining business processes and associated requirements
- Support the definition of departmental structure to ensure that they are effectively structured to meet the business needs of Andela.
- Background in strategy, management or technology consulting desired though not required
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong strategic thinking skills
- Ability to identify gaps in systems and processes
- Analytical and data-driven mindset
- Strong relationship management skills, including ability to facilitate complex discussions
- Excellent written & verbal communication, including ability to break down complex concepts into simpler forms for others to comprehend
- Creative and critical thinking skills
- Strong leadership experience, particularly around influencing stakeholders
- Record of strong academic performance from a leading academic institution
- Startup experience preferred, though not required
- A great personality and good heart; we have a “no jerk” policy
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.