About The Role
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala, NYC and San Francisco, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
As the Program Manager within the technical service delivery department, Success, you will proactively identify, manage and execute on operational and optimization projects and initiatives from inception to completion. This person will work to improve the productivity and efficiency backed by data and trackable by agreed upon KPIs.
The Program Manager will collaborate with stakeholders across all functions of the business, across our New York, Lagos, Kampala and Nairobi offices and report into the VP, Success.
The Program Manager is a machine; process-driven, data-driven, and results oriented. They consistently exceed the standards of everyone around them, but rarely exceed their own standards. They are passionate about “servant leadership.” They believe that they do the dirty organizational work so that the team can focus on what they do best: execution.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Strong project management where you will set timelines, goals, deliverables, and execute accordingly along with a solid communication strategy and plan.
- Identify, research, evaluate and recommend projects that optimize business and team performance based on defined strategy.
- Structure analytical and data-driven approaches to evaluating and executing projects.
- Define hypotheses, perform analysis, and come to a conclusion that solves operational problems.
- Decide which projects we should prioritize in partnership with Sales, Partnerships, Talent Development leadership, then set an aggressive timeline and plan to reach goal.
- Set-up, manage and coordinate cross-functional projects that are critical for driving business results.
- Build and lead impactful relationships with cross-functional team members including the leadership teams.
- Support the definition of departmental structure to ensure that they are effectively structured to meet the business needs of Andela.
- Background in technology consulting desired though not required
- Excellent project management skills
- Have at least 7 years of experience working in program, client, partner management in fast paced global organisations.
- Ability to identify gaps in systems and processes
- Analytical and data-driven mindset
- Strong relationship management skills, including ability to facilitate complex discussions
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to effectively manage change.
- Strong leadership experience, particularly around influencing stakeholders.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, including ability to break down complex concepts into simpler forms for others to comprehend.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- A great personality and good heart; we have a “no jerk” policy
Benefits and Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet.
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.