Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
You are passionate about getting things connected, you value communication and are an ardent collaborator, a technology enthusiast with interest in computer networking and cyber security. You have worked in organizations with enterprise grade networks, can setup and easily get around complex network setups. Andela is looking for you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As the network administrator you will be responsible for all network operations
- Monitor network security and performance (availability, utilization, throughput, and latency);Support configure and maintain our corporate office network
- Create reports that are otherwise to be used to make various decisions to do with the network and internet.
- Testing network weaknesses, installing and implementing security programs that will ensure that the organization is protected from cyber threats
- Diagnosing and fixing problems or potential problems with the network and its hardware, software and systems
- Ensure Network infrastructure are effectively maintained
- Be involved in the procurement of new hardware, the rollout of new software,
- Making sure that licenses are paid for and up to date.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyzing and critical thinking
Even if you don’t know the solution, have the ability to think critically and arrive at solutions whenever such complex scenarios arise.
- Time management.As the network administrator, you are likely to juggle several projects, people and problems simultaneously. This means it is essential to be organized in the present and looking ahead to prepare for what’s coming next. It’s like spinning plates—with a little practice, a network admin can keep everything balanced.
- Interpersonal skills.You are to with a range of people, from fellow colleagues in the IT team to end users across the organization, this requires a level of tolerance, patience and understanding.
- Lifelong learning.The technology field is constantly changing, this means that as the network administrator, you must be willing to learn and evolve with it.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years Experience with LAN/WAN support;
- An excellent understanding of routing, switching, wireless and network security (Associate or professional level certification is an added advantage).
- A proper understanding of Network Design and Implementation. As well as Network Performance Tuning.
- Working knowledge of computer networking and cabling infrastructure.
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage computers running macOS and/or Windows.
- Possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, organizational, interpersonal communication and presentation skills, including strong sense of urgency, tact and professionalism. Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment to resolve issues and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under own initiative.
- Ability to write documentation and possess excellent research/technical skills.
- Would be expected to deliver training / share knowledge
- Self motivated to learn and acquire new skills.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.