About the Technical Training Manager Position:
As a Technical Training Manager, you will primarily work under the Learning department overseeing all Facilitators while being a symbol of technology leadership for all Andelans in a given center. You will work with the Learning team to direct iterations of our facilitation techniques, create and maintain innovative processes that monitor the health and effectiveness of all Facilitation interactions, and provide coaching and mentorship for all Facilitators in a given center. You will be a key contributor to learning and development frameworks that are critical to helping Andela grow and scale as an organization. You will also collaborate with the Curriculum team to provide insight into how our learning products are being used and how they could better support the learning of all Andelans.
- Managing a high-performing team of Learning & Development Facilitators
- Collaboratively define and maintain Andela Facilitation norms with other Facilitation Managers in different centers
- Creating and maintaining processes to monitor the health and effectiveness of Facilitation interactions
- Educating all co-located Andelans about best learning and development practices
- Observing and offering constructive feedback to all co-located Facilitators
- Leverage cognitive apprenticeship methods to support the learning of entry-level apprentices
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- The ability to be located in Kampala, Uganda
- 5-7 years experience in Learning & Development, Supply Chain Management or Software Engineering
- Strong knowledge of Agile development methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience facilitating the learning and development of software developers
- Excellence in managing high performance technical teams
- Passion for learning & development
- Integrity in giving feedback to team members
- Collaboration demonstrated through iterating management processes based on feedback from colleagues
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.