Type: Full Time
Experience: Senior Level
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala, NY and SF, Andela is catalysing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About The Role:
Andela creates an environment of seamless, distributed work by embedded team members throughout Africa. Our Success department is charged with balancing the needs of our Partners with the needs of our Developers. The Director of Success leads a team of Technical engagement managers, and operations professionals to ensure that Andela delivers on our promise of world-class distributed team work to our partners. Simultaneously, the Director of Success ensures the quality and availability of programs and support to ensure that our developers are constantly growing and progressing in their careers. Our Lagos office is looking for a seasoned technology professional who is passionate about building the next generation of technology leaders in Africa and who knows what it takes to make successful Partners, to be the next Director of Success for Nigeria and West Africa.
- Oversee delivery of all accounts staffed by Andela’s technical professionals
- Manage the growth of all external-facing technical team members
- Manage other staff that provide support to Andela’s external-facing technical teams
- Collaborate with the Sales team and other members of the Success department in multiple countries to staff and support partners
- Work with the Andela Leadership Team in Nigeria and elsewhere to address issues for developers and other team members
- Provide actionable feedback into all aspects of the organization for continuous improvement
The key attributes for this role are:
- Strategic Thinking. You have a strong ability to think strategically and plan for the future. You are able to assess trade-offs, risks, opportunities, and can see the big picture clearly even while getting through the day to day hurdles.
- Operational Excellence. You have demonstrated expertise in designing and managing processes for scale, managing budgets, and building lasting systems for strong personnel management.
- Team building and cross-cultural skills. You have significant experience leading strong teams; and demonstrate an understanding of what it takes to build high performance teams
- A deep commitment to our mission. We are looking for a leader with evidence of curiosity, and a deep commitment to lifelong learning.
- You have 7+ years of full-time work experience working remotely in software development or technology consulting, as well as experiences managing or leading software developers, ideally across multiple countries
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field is desirable but not required
- Willingness to travel periodically between Andela’s offices in Africa and North America
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.