Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role.
Human Resource function needs 1 Operations Manager to assist in the building of efficient HR systems and processes to improve the customer experience. HR department in Andela is referred to as the People and Culture Department which will be abbreviated as P&C in this description.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Create a comprehensive people operations procedures and protocols to influence lasting change and culture in Andela.
- Provide HR support and consultation to the business, answering employee questions about HR programs, policies, and other HR-related items.
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations. Anticipate and address needs before they are raised by our employees.
- Drive the identification, assessment and execution of ongoing process and improvement opportunities in terms of P&C Analytics, Policies, SOC II compliance, P&C Workflow etc.
- Partner with the Engineering team and other key constituents to translate the current people operations team’s requirements into cutting-edge product enhancements or entirely new applications.
- Drive operational requirements for tools, systems, and processes across multiple integrated P&C processes.
- Architect, develop and automate data and analytics solutions. Build and prototype dashboards iteratively to provide insights at scale.
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets to distill insights, and connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations using creative, structured and analytical thinking.
- Create effective, scalable, and easy to understand reporting solutions. Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
- Drive key People and Culture Programs such as implementing our values, performance management and feedback, and employee engagement programs.
- Help conceive of and plan events (office events, off-sites). Initiate programs that help our culture continue to thrive.
- Employee Relations: You will be a trusted resource to the team. You’ll handle day to day employee inquiries as well as ad hoc, sensitive matters with the utmost discretion and fairness
- Past Work Output:
- Managed day-to-day backend operations of the HR function from administration to helping to implement company wide programs and policies.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, Google docs & HRIS applications
- Human Resource with 5+ years of experience
- Excellence in this role looks like:
- Ability to engage, inspire and motivate a team enabling an environment where teams are actively encouraged to be innovative and proactive and are empowered to make decisions and take responsibility for those decisions
- Excellent customer focus with a strong understanding of the organisations internal and external business environments
- HR Operations Proficiency
- Experience/knowledge of the latest, most prominent continuous improvement tools and methodologies
- Exceptional ability to harness the power of analytics to make effective decisions
- Keen ability to proactively address potential process issues
- Experience/knowledge of the latest HRIS capabilities and functions, and practical applications within the organization
- Deeply understands the user perceptions and end-use efficacy of HR information systems
- Adroitly communicates complex HRIS information in simple, usable terms
- Keen ability to coach and mentor others, particularly in other parts of HR and other functions entirely, about issues salient to HR
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the plane
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.