Andela distributes opportunity by powering today’s teams and investing in tomorrow’s leaders. Based in Lagos, NYC, Nairobi, SF, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Andela’s Alumni Services unit is designed to engage and support Andela alumni to continue advancing human potential through career support and a rich global network of technology leaders.
About the Alumni Network Coordinator Role
The Alumni Network Coordinator is equal parts network builder, relationship builder, events planner, and careers support specialist. You will collect and manage data on Andela alumni, while constantly supporting current alumni with engaging opportunities, programs and events.
To be truly successful in this role, you would need to be passionate about people, and about making sure the right combination of resources and human capital are always exposed to one another.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Create and manage database of current Andela alumni
- Capture and publish Alumni stories
- Connect Alumni to career growth opportunities (e.g job boards, coaches, other Alumni)
- Organize and run engaging and impactful Alumni events
Key Attributes & Qualifications
You’re already looking like an Alumni Network Coordinator if you:
- Have participated in the management of alumni associations
- Are a natural communicator and networker who backs up their work with precision and structure (tracking resources, ensuring resources are growing, carefully maintaining relationships & commitments)
- Are a power user of spreadsheets and other data tracking and analysis tools
- Love to meticulously track data in an organized manner that allows for easy future references and planning
- Have periodically run engaging networking events
- Quickly build relationships, and continually strengthen them over time through consistency and trust
- Are adept at quickly identifying resource gaps and directing people to the right sources
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.