Andela has a unique opportunity for a talented SEO Manager looking to build the organic marketing vision for a rapidly growing, mission driven company. This is not your typical SEO Manager role. All of the pieces you need to build a successful SEO strategy are here: a brand that has grown quickly over a short period of time, analytics and background research, a smart staffing budget to grow your team, and strong executive buy-in. What we need is a leader with a passion for organic marketing who can put the pieces together.
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage. We recently raised an additional $40M in Series C funding, bringing our funding total to $80M from VCs like the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (formerly Google Ventures), CRE, and Spark Capital.
In this role, you will:
- Drive all SEO initiatives for andela.com, with a focus on attracting potential partners interested in hiring Andela’s developer fellows.
- Work closely with our in-house content marketing team, Andela Studio, to produce SEO-focused content.
- Build from scratch a scalable link-building strategy.
- Hire and manage a team of Africa-based SEO coordinators to assist with analysis and outreach.
- Work with our communications and social media team members to maximize organic success.
- Work with our marketing technology group to improve page and site structure.
- Provide guidance on CMS decisions as they relate to SEO and website metadata.
- Measure KPIs for andela.com, including benchmarking against competitors and backlink performance.
- Analyze website traffic and conversion rates, developing lead generation-focused tests of user experience and content.
- Educate team members about inbound marketing, staying on top of digital marketing trends.
What you bring to the role:
- Proven track record of smart, analytically-driven SEO strategies. Extra points for international SEO experience.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- A passion for teaching organic marketing best practices. You’ll have the opportunity to work with team members throughout the company and even travel to our offices in Africa in order to spread the SEO gospel.
- As your target audience will be CTOs and other decision makers in the technology field, an understanding of techdev concepts and the ability to “speak the language” of developers. Bonus points for knowledge of the Africa technology scene.
- Familiarity with web tracking and optimization tools (examples: Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Google Webmaster Tools, AdWords, or Optimizely).
- Familiarity with keyword research tools (examples: Majestic, Moz, Brightedge, Conductor, or Searchmetrics). Experience with BI tools like Tableau is a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and website administration.
- Independent, proactive work style with an open, curious approach. You are capable of balancing the big projects and the day to day stuff, rolling up your sleeves to get the job done.
Other perks and benefits include:
- A compensation package that includes equity and 401(k)
- A great time-off policy that includes a winter break between December 25th and January 1st
- The opportunity to work with marketers across our US and African offices
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability coverage
- All of the typical startup perks: MacBooks and free snacks, plus cool global offices