Andela is currently growing out our Data team—we are looking for an experienced leader to design, grow, and empower the globally distributed team.
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
- This person will create, build, lead, and scale a talented team of quantitative analysts, data engineers, and data scientists to create a data-first culture at Andela.
- S/he will set the analytics, data, and business intelligence strategy for the company
- Make recommendations and build out what the technology footprint should be for reporting, data warehouse tools, etc.
- Be a strong technical mentor and advocate for Andela fellow/developers throughout the company
- Proactively identify opportunities to drive business improvement through data-driven decisions
- Standardize the company’s approach to our data through a shared set of definitions, techniques, and analyses that govern interactions with the data
- Create and drive standard data architecture and actively work with business leaders to continue to clean up our data
- Be a thought leader and advocate for being a data-driven decision making across all parts of the company. Partner with all aspects of business to promote and enforce this.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with a proven ability to attract, develop and inspire top talent in analytics and data science
- 3+ years managing high-performance teams
- An extensive track record that demonstrates effectiveness in driving business results through advanced analytics across a broad array of problems
- Experience, desire and comfort to build and work with teams located across many locations (US and Africa)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex statistical concepts and methodologies, and articulate insights to cross-functional teams
- A successful history of translating business objectives and problems into analytic solutions that can be translated into actionable business solutions
- Experience in some combination of the following fields: SaaS, professional services, marketing analytics, website analytics, product analytics, statistics, data science, quant research
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, or other quantitative fields a plus