Andela’s Product department is charged with implementing products that will help Andela to scale with consistency and quality while providing excellent service internally and externally. It is responsible for finding the best solution for Andela’s needs, not necessarily the best solution that Andela can build. In addition to helping Andela to scale, the Product team is also responsible for managing the products that our Apprentices work on as the final polishing step before deeming them ready for Partner work.
The Senior Director of Product will be responsible for interfacing with every aspect of Andela, ensuring that they know how each aspect of our business works and helping to determine how product can help that scale.
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
- Work with the CEO and CIO of Andela to shape and drive their product vision
- Help effectively communicate that vision and our progress towards it to the entire company
- Ensure your product managers thoroughly understand the business units they are supporting and that they are driving product feature implementations that meet the needs of those business units as rapidly as possible
- Ensure that for each product decision, Andela is conducting a thorough review of the market and identifying potential products to buy that will help us implement a solution faster.
- Work closely with the Learning department to provide product managers who will help provide learning experiences for our developers
- Work closely with the Engineering department to ensure proper support for implementing or building our technology solutions.
- Work closely with the VP of Technology to ensure that we are taking a long term view of each product and how it fits into the Andela ecosystem
- Report on all department level KPIs and status on a weekly basis
- Manage the team and oversee the operational performance of the department.
- Build strong relationships with Country Directors, VPs, and C level execs to ensure that Product is seen as a collaborative department interested in their success.
- 7+ years of experience in B2B and/or internal Product Management
- 2+ years in direct line management and managing and reporting on operational KPIs
- Extremely comfortable in the language of data analysis, and using data to drive decision making
- A track record of developing feedback loops between users and Product Managers, and utilizing research to improve user experience and business metrics
- Well-versed in core concepts related to UI / UX, including direct experience in both qualitative and quantitative analysis, A/B testing, wire framing, prototyping, developing user feedback loops etc.
- Keen attention to detail, ability to be self-sufficient and find creative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to a broad range of audiences particularly in a distributed environment
- Proven ability to manage to inspire teams to meet business commitments
- Passion for developing the next generation of technology leadership
- Strong creative, leadership and critical thinking skills
- Experience working in multiple countries and/or with international organizations
- A deep commitment to Andela’s mission.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis between Andela’s development centers in Africa as well as to its US offices